Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yes, Angie's a homewrecking slunt, but what about Brad?

There I was, minding my own business, scrolling through Popeater.com when I came across this article about Jen Aniston's new BFF Chelsea Handler calling Angelina Jolie a homewrecker. 

I adore Chelsea. She's f*cking funny and says what everyone else is thinking, and I love her for it. I also agree that Angelina is a homewrecking slunt not to be trusted.

However, what's missing here is the rant against Brad Pitt and his cheatin' ass. Why did he chuck what seemed like a perfectly good marriage to go play house with a chick who French kissed her brother at the Oscars? Granted, Angelina has a history of stealing unavailable men from their wives/partners. Case in point: she lured Billy Bob Thornton away from Laura Dern. 

But should the women whose men cheated on them be directing all their anger at the seductress? Maybe some, since yes, hitting on someone else's partner is selfish and mean. But the brunt of that anger should be directed toward the trusted husband/boyfriend who betrayed his partner. Why would they so readily leave a committed relationship to take up with another woman? 

Yeah, Angie's a big 'ol ho, luring men with her sensual rebel allure which naturally implies kinky, wild sex, but a man with a modicum of integrity would not simply drop everything to start a new life with Angelina. 

Sure, he can fantasize about her, he's not dead, but between fantasy and ending a marriage, I would argue, is a fairly large gap, and on which end of that gap your partner finds himself is indicative of the type of person you're dealing with.

Sure, I think Brad's done some good work and he seems like a cool guy but I won't forget that he left Jennifer for Angie. That has left a permanent mark on his character. So Chelsea, where's your rant about Brad, the homewrecker f*cking asshole?

You a very, very bad man.

4 comments:

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

You know what would be funny? Or maybe just interesting? Or not?

A romantic comedy movie about this exact type of story, famous actor leaves famous actress wife for hot new actress lover, and the public condemns him and calls her a homewrecker and all that, makes Team ___ shirts supporting the shunned wife. BUT how funny would it be if in this movie, what the public didn't know was that the wife was actually the MOST ANNOYING, BITCHY, SHREW of a woman? Like, the most awful lady ever. And the man and his new girlfriend are just two people in love, forever hounded by the public for their misdeeds.

Okay fine, I'll just write it.

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

Great post! LOL No one ever blames the guy!

AnPhibian said...

But he's..... a MAN. They can't help it, you know. That's why it's our job to reign ourselves in, so that they can control themselves. We're responsible for their behavior. Haven't you been paying attention? ;)

Sassy Stylings said...

@ Steam Me Up, Kid: I've always suspected that Jenny Aniston was afflicted with the crazy (not the good kind but the incredibly vain, irritating, poseur kind)and that Brad is probably better off without her. But then, why marry Jennifer in the first place? These are the questions that keep me up at night.... or maybe it's the crack, I can't be sure.

@ Kimber: I'm happy to spread blame to whoever I can. Taking responsibility for one's actions is so overrated.

@ Anne: I was not aware of this. It could explain why I have a gaggle of drooling men following me around like sick puppies when I "accidentally" leave my blouse unbuttoned. I always wondered about that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails