Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's not the supermodel's fault your team lost, hosebag

Apparently, my doppelganger, Gisele Bündchen, got into some hot water lately for remarks made about the New England Patriots' loss in the Superbowl this past Sunday. She really is my doppelganger. Don't believe me?

 Me, very recently, on vacation in St. Bart's.

Gisele Bündchen, at some event.

I know, we could be twins. It's crazy. Anyhoo, she was caught on video swearing at some peeps who were harassing her because her hubby's team lost. I don't blame her. Why bother the quarterback's wife? Like she had anything to do with it. It's not her fault the receivers dropped the f*cking ball when it counted the most. Now, she's being raked over the coals for having stated an obvious truth.

Sometimes, fans can be incredibly dumb. Like when Vancouver was ransacked after the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup last spring. Is setting a car on fire going to reverse your team's loss? Nope. But your sorry ass'll end up in jail, and you'll be even more upset. 

It was embarrassing to say the least. How un-Canadian of us. We're usually so nice and docile (except in Montreal - win or lose, that town goes ape shit over their beloved Canadiens). But I love Montreal for that - they're a passionate lot. Maybe it's the dominance of the French culture which seems much more expressive and enthusiastic, and less repressed. 

Although, Vancouver could be considered Canada's Amsterdam, so the chill factor should have been way high. High. Huh-huh. Get it?

Or maybe I just think that because I was walking around Vancouver, back in the day, high as a kite, in the throes of a giggle fit on Kitsilano Beach. I think my friend and I accidentally wandered onto a movie set that day too, into a crowd of extras. You'd think they'd have better security around those things. I'm probably in a movie and haven't even been properly compensated. This is why I need an agent. And also because I look like Gisele Bündchen.

2 comments:

kim said...

I don't get why people were so up in arms about Gisele's comments. They were accurate. Plus, who cares? It's not like it changes anything or makes anything better or worse.

Fans can be rather dumb at times. I chalk it up to the fact that sports tend to get our emotions going and people are acting irrationally. It's not an excuse, though.

Sassy Stylings said...

If only people could get that upset over war, poverty, Wall Street thieves, I mean, bankers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails