Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Burnout... it's a funny thing

I've decided to plagiarize myself today. For the three followers of my other blog, Oedipal Odyssey, the list below may sound somewhat familiar. For the rest of you, it'll be brand new. Haha! Tricked you. This fall has been ridiculously and awesomely productive for me. However, I've noticed lately that I'm displaying signs of burnout (may be slightly embellished for dramatic effect):

1) Hearing Christmas music at Home Depot while buying our tree made me cry (true story).

2) Someone walking too slowly in front of me on a sidewalk with no room to pass made me cry (it was that or whack them in the head with my gym bag).

3) A repeat of Modern Family when I was expecting a new episode made me cry (no one likes repeats, NO ONE. Unless it's last year's Family Guy Christmas Special.)

4) Homicidal internal dialogue because I'm convinced everyone but me is a complete idiot (self-explanatory).

5) Waking up tired (no good can come of this).

6) Don't even get me started on those SPCA commercials. (Pause) Too late...

7) Buying the box set of all five seasons of Six Feet Under because I'm convinced I can't live without them (don't judge, at least not until you've seen them. Then, you'll understand.)

I'm a little f*cked up, people. Luckily, I have a long Christmas break looming, during which I've banned myself from any form of writing. So, yeah, this blog will be idle for a couple weeks. I know, I know. How can I DO this to you? Well, the ground must lie fallow for a while. As it stands, my fields have been sucked dry by the equivalent of industrial agriculture with all its attendant nastiness.

So, for the next ten days or so, I will become a sloth-like creature, feeding on highly saturated fats and cotton candy TV, replenishing my creative juices. This can only mean one thing. In 2012, I'm gonna rock that shit. 

Happy Holidays my Sassies :-)

xoxo,
Sassy Girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss you, but since you've promised to come back, I'll survive until then.

Happy Holidays, and all that jazz! (Or pop, or whatever you prefer.)

xoxoxo

Sassy Stylings said...

Thanks Julie! It's nice to know I was missed :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails