Monday, December 14, 2009

Goodbye Dexter, Hello Lost

My dear Sassies, I had a near orgasmic evening of TV viewing last night. It all started when my boyfriend and I went  shopping at Costco last week. Of course, everything at Costco is dirt cheap, including DVDs. Try to walk away. You can't. And I couldn't. Season 5 of Lost was beckoning, calling my name. So I bought it. And now we're watching it. Damn, that is good TV. There's also a short refresher in case you forgot what happened in earlier seasons, and thank God for that. Holy complicated Batman! Season 5 does not disappoint. It's a mind bender for sure but we're starting to get answers to some big questions. LOVE it. 

If you haven't watched Lost, start from the beginning. Otherwise, you'll hate it because you'll have no freakin' idea who's who and what's going on. It's worth it. Just don't ever watch it when you're tired or distracted. You must pay attention. Every episode reveals something.

Then there was the Dexter Season 4 finale last night. Sweet Mother of God. Holy f*cking cliffhanger. It was a totally unpredictable turn of events. I had a feeling throughout the episode that loose ends were being tied with great ease, perhaps too much ease. Until the ending. I won't reveal it here so as not to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet. But DAMN, I did not see that coming. 

And now we have to wait. Wait for Season 5. And who knows how long that will be. This brings sadness to my heart. Dexter is over for now. True Blood isn't back until June, Curb your Enthusiasm's latest season wrapped a few weeks ago and Glee won't return until April. And in about a week or so, we'll have finished watching Season 5 of Lost. It's like looking into a deep, dark abyss. What happens when there's nothing on TV? I shudder at the thought.

My boyfriend and I also noticed a new TV term popping up this season - the "fall finale". WTF? It's not bad enough that a top show  like Glee won't be returning until f*cking April, now you have a finale before the finale? No, I don't like this. As my boyfriend said, it distresses him. I share this sentiment. A fall finale seems to give TV networks the permission to not air a show for months, right in the middle of a prime viewing period. This makes no sense to me. Damn networks. You have us by the balls. I hate you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails