Thursday, April 22, 2010

A little bit o' this and a little bit o' that

There are days, my dearest Sassies, when inspiration is slow in coming, when I surf the celeb gossip-sphere and feel... empty. And then, by some miracle (thank you oh mistress of gossip) I find some small morsel, then another, and another and I must choose, I must prioritize. What gets derided first? Here are a few nuggets I thought would be of interest on an inspiration-challenged day:

1) Stating the obvious: are we that dumb?

Here's a serious case of belittling your audience by stating what is widely known as a biological fact. I do admit, there are some cases where this is not so and a child in no way physically resembles a parent. This is usually because the child is actually the product of a lurid affair to which one of his "parents" was not privy. Just sayin'. 


2) Noted film director to make "Movie of the Week" or should I say "Movie of the Weak"

The short synopsis of Spike Lee's new film Brooklyn Loves You, Michael Jackson in this article reads like a bad Movie of the Week, like those after school specials on teenage pregnancy and shit. Dude, you are way better than this. Think outside the box. 


3) Al Pacino has redeemed himself 

Apparently, Al Pacino kicks it in a new HBO biopic of Jack Kavorkian and reminds us that he is indeed a talented actor. Thank God. I was feeling sad for Al these last few years. This is someone I idolized back in the day. I watched all three Godfather movies in one weekend and it was sublime. I wanted to be Mrs. Al Pacino. Then, he made 88 minutes and I was like, dude, what the f*ck? Welcome back, Al.

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Come to momma.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails