Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is the end near for this celebrity brand?

My dearest Sassies, it's one thing to read something in a bottom-feeding gossip rag. It's an entirely different matter when gleaning information from a respected national newspaper such as the Globe and Mail. Sure, the Globe is totally right-leaning and I'm a bleeding heart Liberal. Politics aside, entertainment news is entertainment news.

This morning my eye caught this juicy headline: "Nothing could be better than an end to this tabloid affair." I knew right away what writer Lynn Crosbie was referring to. And my day improved substantially. Nothing has been confirmed... yet. But it's coming. I can feel it. 

I mentioned to my boyfriend several weeks ago that every time I saw recent photos of these two, they looked miserable. He, regretting the day he fell for crazy; she, hungry, and therefore generally bitter. Hungry people aren't happy people. But I digress.

Of course, People.com has the glossed-over, publicist-approved version. Sources say it's not true. They've been spotted recently having a romantic dinner together. Uh-huh.

As Ms. Crosbie aptly pointed out, they were notably absent at the Golden Globes, and he attended friend George Clooney's telethon for Haiti alone. Sure, maybe it's just their busy schedules keeping them apart. Or they're avoiding public appearances together because the shit's about to hit the fan.

And apparently, she's had a steamy tryst with someone other than her partner. Not surprising given her track record. Did he really think she would change? Femme fatale, mon ami, femme fatale. When this blows up, it's gonna be huge, soooo huge.

It's worth it to read both articles, just to compare:

Globe and Mail article

People.com article

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails