Wednesday, January 13, 2010

True confessions: I'm watching the new season of The Bachelor

This is what happens when there's absolutely nothing on TV. I am now watching The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love. I never thought this day would come, when I would stoop so low. I'm ashamed - mostly because I find myself actually entertained by this drivel, and not reviling it. 

The Bachelor this time around is Jake Pavelka, some handsome, pilot dude. He seems nice enough. Sadly, he's stuck with a bevy of insanely desperate women. Probably more insane than desperate. 

This one contestant, Michelle, frightens me. She's got the crazy eyes. The ones that open a little too wide and reveal a dark, bottomless abyss from which there is no escape. Also, her desperation is so obvious, you feel she's most likely going to resort to illegal measures to make sure she gets the guy, i.e. eliminating her competition any way she can. She's clearly unstable. I'm spooked just thinking about her. 

On this week's episode, Rozlyn, one of the contestants, got the boot for having an "inappropriate" relationship with a staffer. Translation: she banged someone on the crew. When confronted about this, she claimed that her personal life was none of their business. Well, in this case, dumbass, it is. If you're on a TV show to try and become some guy's wife, and you're f*cking the staff behind his back, it doesn't bode well.

Most of the women on this show frighten me, either by their apparent instability, downright childishness or lack of intellect. There may be a couple exceptions but I'll have to keep watching to be able to distinguish them from the crazies. 

There's something about the whole concept of this show that doesn't sit well with me, and yet I can't look away. Like a bloody, messy, casualty-causing accident.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails