Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Real women in bikinis, Ali dating and Gordon's return

This makes me happy. The French version of Marie-Claire featured "plus-size", in other words, average women, in their latest swimsuit spread. And this past February, the Australian version of the same magazine went completely airbrush-free. Is it possible? Is the fashion industry returning to reasonable ideals of beauty? 

The women featured in this spread are gorgeous and, OMG!, they have curves. They don't look like prepubescent boys on crack. And they're probably actual adult women, not 12-year-olds made up to look like they're 20. They also look like they have real boobs too, not the fake "torpedo tits". 

Kudos to Perez Hilton for highlighting this story. It's not often I come across articles in the gossipsphere that give me the warm fuzzies.

Speaking of warm fuzzies (no pun intended), the second episode of The Bachelorette aired last night. I was actually impressed with Ali. She seemed to have a clear head and called some of the guys on their shit. 

Unfortunately, one of them was a fellow Canadian.  But I can't blame her. He had the crazy eyes, like Michelle on the last season of The Bachelor. And he didn't seem too interested in Ali. Dude was giving Canadian boys a bad name. Although, one Canadian remains and he seems to be the source of future controversy. Boys, represent! You're shaming your fellow Canucks!

Ali's first date was with nerdy but totally hot Frank. I approve. Her next date was with sweet and hunky small-town boy Jesse. I approve. It's also obvious she has a real hankering for smoldering but sensitive Roberto. I approve. Next week's previews looked pretty juicy with Justin, the Canadian pro wrestler, causing some waves. You know I'm counting down the hours. Is that wrong? 

Ohhh!!! And a new season of Hell's Kitchen starts tonight! Damn, that Gordon Ramsay. He ain't pretty but he's hot. And the show is good too. 

 I don't really know how to cook but I'm willing to let you teach me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails